As an environmentally conscious company, we are focused on providing eco-friendly options to avoid single-use plastics. First, we prioritize the reuse of materials that we receive from our suppliers. Second, we purchase our containers, labels, and other packing materials that are reusable, recyclable and/or biodegradable from eco-conscious businesses (EcoEnclose and Noissue).
All of our orders are carefully packaged using the following eco-friendly materials that are all 100% curbside recyclable:
- Padded mailers and corrugated boxes made from post-consumer recycled content
- USPS boxes made from post-consumer recycled content
- Water activated tape (also known as gummed tape) made from 50% recycled paper
- Zero waste labels made from 100% post-consumer recycled waste
- Kraft packing paper and newspaper collected from our supplier deliveries
Offset Carbon Emissions
In addition, we neutralize all our shipping emissions by donating to forest protection initiatives. What does this mean? As an online business, most of our orders are shipped outside of Austin and therefore we create carbon emissions. We balance out these emissions to net zero by making a donation to protecting real carbon in old-growth trees or growing new ones. All of our shipment's CO2 emissions are automatically calculated by Offset, a program initiative created by Shopify. Every month, Offset calculates the total emissions generated by the shipped orders and charges us an amount that is then donated directly to Pachama. Our contributions are currently funding the Jarí Para Forest Conservation Project in the Amazon Rainforest. Find more information here.